Becoming a Student
Schedule a Pre-Instruction Academic Assessment
- Every prospective student undergoes an Academic Assessment to define their unique learning profile.
- The Academic Assessment is extensive and thorough, lasting 3 ½ to 4 hours and includes subtests that assess a child’s reading, spelling, math, comprehension, writing and visual-motor processing skills.
- The cost for the Pre-Instruction Academic Assessment is
$400($200 for a limited time) and includes:
- One pre-instruction Academic Assessment
- One post-instruction Academic Assessment
- Written reports for both assessments
- Private consultations to go over the results of the assessments and provide recommendations for a plan of instruction, expectations, and targeted outcomes
Schedule One-to-One Sessions
- Students may receive instruction on an intensive or non-intensive basis depending upon their unique learning needs. For best results:
- Intensive, remedial instruction takes place 4 sessions per day, 5 days per week, for 4-12 weeks.
- Post-Intensive and Academic Independence Management instruction takes place 2-5 sessions per week for at least 6 months.
- Sessions are 50 minutes in length. They start at 10 minutes after the hour and go until the top of the hour.
- FWCL hours of operation are Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Scheduling priority goes to those students receiving intensive intervention for learning differences.
- All instruction takes place at FWCL.
- Fees for one-to-one sessions are based on financial need. A financial assistance request form with W2’s and tax returns must be submitted to determine the amount of financial assistant that can be provided.
Notice of Nondiscriminatory Policy as to students of The Fort Wayne Center for Learning
The Fort Wayne Center for Learning admits students to all rights, privileges, programs, and activities without regard to race, sex, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed physical or mental disability to all rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and other school administered programs.